All counselor applicants must agree to these regulations before being accepted as a counselor. You are expected to abide by each and every one.
- A counselor's primary responsibility is to take care of the campers. The campers will be supervised at all times.
- Only sickness will excuse one from missing any spiritual activity.
- Counselors may not have in their possession or consume illegal drugs, tobacco products, or alcoholic beverages. Counselors violating this standard will be sent home.
- Registration will begin at 3:00 PM. Counselors will arrive no later than 4 PM unless prior arrangements have been made with the director.
- Camp sessions end around 11 AM. Counselors may leave no earlier without approval from the director or camp staff. Before leaving, counselors are expected to clean their belongings and areas and help campers do so as well. The camp is expected to be left cleaner than it was found.
- Cell phone usage will be restricted to your time off or emergencies. We encourage you to spend time with others at camp and not be on the phone. Your responsibility is to be with the campers.
- Vehicles must be parked upon arrival and not driven until departure. Vehicles will be parked in the parking lot at the front of camp. Upon arrival and departure the speed limit is 5 MPH.
- Counselors are responsible for reporting to the director or camp staff any damage caused by them or their campers.
- Counselors may not bring pets to camp.
Being a volunteer counselor is one of the most difficult and rewarding jobs you will ever have. You will be an important part of the ministry of BCC. You will be with the campers from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed, with little exception. We thank you for your willingness to volunteer your time and efforts for the service of these children and the Lord.
I certify that I have answered the questions on this application completely and truthfully. I agree that I have read and understand all of the rules and regulations of Backwoods Christian Camp and will abide by and enforce each and every one.